Zcash (CURRENCY:ZEC) traded down 1.1% against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 22:00 PM ET on January 12th. One Zcash coin can now be purchased for $35.10 or 0.00429548 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Allcoin, Coinut, BigONE and Kraken. Over the last seven days, Zcash has traded up 11.5% against the U.S. dollar. Zcash has a total market capitalization of $298.61 million and approximately $193.72 million worth of Zcash was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded up 4.5% against the dollar and now trades at $6.67 or 0.00081648 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded up 11.9% against the dollar and now trades at $10.04 or 0.00122854 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded 3.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.20 or 0.00002402 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded up 18.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.12 or 0.00001487 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded up 6.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0686 or 0.00000841 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Bitcoin Interest (BCI) traded 10.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0249 or 0.00000305 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded 0.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0426 or 0.00000520 BTC.
- CrypticCoin (CRYP) traded 29.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000002 BTC.
- Bitgem (BTG) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $2.79 or 0.00034116 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “zk-SNARKsThe BasicZcash is the first widespread application of zk-SNARKs, a novel form of zero-knowledge cryptography. The strong privacy guarantee of Zcash is derived from the fact that shielded transactions in Zcash can be fully encrypted on the blockchain, yet still be verified as valid under the network’s consensus rules by using zk-SNARK proofs. The acronym zk-SNARK stands for “Zero-Knowledge Succinct Non-Interactive Argument of Knowledge,” and refers to a proof construction where one can prove possession of certain information, e.g. a secret key, without revealing that information, and without any interaction between the prover and verifier. “Zero-knowledge” proofs allow one party (the prover) to prove to another (the verifier) that a statement is true, without revealing any information beyond the validity of the statement itself. For example, given the hash of a random number, the prover could convince the verifier that there indeed exists a number with this hash value, without revealing what it is. Application to ZCASHIn order to have zero-knowledge privacy in Zcash, the function determining the validity of a transaction according to the network’s consensus rules must return the answer of whether the transaction is valid or not, without revealing any of the information it performed the calculations on. This is done by encoding some of the network's consensus rules in zk-SNARKs. At a high level, zk-SNARKs work by first turning what you want to prove into an equivalent form about knowing a solution to some algebraic equations. In the following section, we give a brief overview of how the rules for determining a valid transaction get transformed into equations that can then be evaluated on a candidate solution without revealing any sensitive information to the parties verifying the equations. “
Buying and Selling Zcash
Zcash can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Coinroom, Liquid, BiteBTC, Kuna, BTC Trade UA, Cryptohub, Upbit, Waves Decentralized Exchange, Coinut, HitBTC, Huobi, Bitinka, WEX, OKEx, Bithumb, Kraken, BTC-Alpha, Gate.io, Crex24, Bit-Z, LBank, GOPAX, Bitlish, BigONE, BCEX, Trade Satoshi, Exmo, Cryptomate, Gemini, BitBay, Bittrex, LiteBit.eu, Bitfinex, Allcoin, Tux Exchange, Graviex, Coinrail, Binance, CEX.IO, Poloniex, Cryptopia, CoinEx, Braziliex, OTCBTC, Mercatox, Altcoin Trader, BX Thailand, Ovis, LocalTrade, Instant Bitex, YoBit, CoinExchange, Sistemkoin and C2CX. It is usually not possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Zcash directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Zcash should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Zcash using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Zcash Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Zcash and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.