Wrapped Bitcoin (CURRENCY:WBTC) traded up 3.7% against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 18:00 PM ET on November 25th. Over the last week, Wrapped Bitcoin has traded 5.3% higher against the US dollar. Wrapped Bitcoin has a total market capitalization of $14.61 billion and approximately $379.56 million worth of Wrapped Bitcoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Wrapped Bitcoin coin can now be purchased for about $58,620.32 or 0.99656308 BTC on exchanges.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Cosmos (ATOM) traded 0.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $29.70 or 0.00050490 BTC.
- Creditcoin (CTC) traded up 2.3% against the dollar and now trades at $2.42 or 0.00004117 BTC.
- Function X (FX) traded 4.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.99 or 0.00001690 BTC.
- Phantasma (SOUL) traded down 7.4% against the dollar and now trades at $2.90 or 0.00004926 BTC.
- Venus (XVS) traded 1.2% higher against the dollar and now trades at $24.12 or 0.00041012 BTC.
- Tranchess (CHESS) traded down 0.2% against the dollar and now trades at $2.57 or 0.00004371 BTC.
- Galaxy Heroes Coin (GHC) traded up 5.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Reflexer Ungovernance Token (FLX) traded 31.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $395.54 or 0.00672435 BTC.
- Numbers Protocol (NUM) traded up 12.7% against the dollar and now trades at $1.97 or 0.00003343 BTC.
- Darwinia Network (RING) traded down 2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0932 or 0.00000158 BTC.
Wrapped Bitcoin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC) is the first ERC20 token backed 1:1 with Bitcoin. WBTC standardizes Bitcoin to the ERC20 format, creating smart contracts for Bitcoin. This makes it easier to write smart contracts that integrate Bitcoin transfers. To receive WBTC, a user requests tokens from a merchant. The merchant then performs the required KYC / AML procedures and verifies the user’s identity. Once this is completed, the user and merchant execute their swap, with Bitcoin from the user transferring to the merchant, and WBTC from the merchant transferring to the user. “
Wrapped Bitcoin Coin Trading
It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Wrapped Bitcoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Wrapped Bitcoin should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Wrapped Bitcoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Wrapped Bitcoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Wrapped Bitcoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.