Hive (CURRENCY:HIVE) traded up 1.8% against the dollar during the 1 day period ending at 23:00 PM ET on January 14th. Hive has a total market cap of $509.25 million and $15.22 million worth of Hive was traded on exchanges in the last day. In the last seven days, Hive has traded 5.1% lower against the dollar. One Hive coin can currently be purchased for $1.31 or 0.00003042 BTC on popular exchanges.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- TRON (TRX) traded 1.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0680 or 0.00000158 BTC.
- Velas (VLX) traded 1.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.36 or 0.00000836 BTC.
- WAX (WAXP) traded 0.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.40 or 0.00000942 BTC.
- GXChain (GXC) traded down 1.1% against the dollar and now trades at $2.24 or 0.00005209 BTC.
- FIO Protocol (FIO) traded 0.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.14 or 0.00000330 BTC.
- 0Chain (ZCN) traded 1.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.39 or 0.00000900 BTC.
- Credit Tag Chain (CTC) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00000507 BTC.
- LiquidApps (DAPP) traded down 5.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0061 or 0.00000014 BTC.
- Metaverse Dualchain Network Architecture (DNA) traded up 4.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0002 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Qredit (XQR) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0060 or 0.00000019 BTC.
hashing algorithm. Its launch date was January 26th, 2018. Hive’s total supply is 389,843,840 coins. The Reddit community for Hive is https://reddit.com/r/hiveblocks and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Hive’s official Twitter account is @blockhive_ee and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official website for Hive is hive.io. The official message board for Hive is peakd.com/@hiveio.
According to CryptoCompare, “Hive is an open-source blockchain, forged in years of development to bring Web 3.0 to the world. With a diverse community of stakeholders and without controlling bad actors, individuals can experience true ownership in a decentralized blockchain & cryptocurrency. Hive distributes the new coins based on the Proof of Brain mechanism (PoB). Although it also distributes it to the stake holders trough curation and staking rewards so it’s a bit of hybrid, DPoS/PoB. Hive was created as an independent and decentralized fork of the Steem blockchain. The Hive network comes with two classes of cryptocurrency assets named HIVE and Hive Backed Dollars (HBD). Moreover, HIVE exists both under a liquid form (simply called HIVE) and a staked form (called Hive Power). HIVE is the liquid currency of the Hive ecosystem. “
Buying and Selling Hive
It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Hive directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Hive should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Hive using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Hive Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Hive and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.